Revenge IS a dish!

Just got back from Episode III and I guess i have to throw my vote in with the rest, we've finally got a movie worthy of our gallaxy far far away.

Star Wars made up the bulk of my geekish obsessiveness through most of my Jr. and Sr. High years and when the new films were announced I have to say it was nerd-gasm causing revelation.

Then the movies started coming out...

While the first two prequils had me tearing my hair out almost from the get go, Revenge only has a handful of groan-worthy moments, though there are some doosies. The Anakin/Padame - "Your a shmoopie." "No, you're a smoopie!" (only far less articulate) exchange comes to mind. Also, I don't think I needed to see a fully formed Lord Vader blurt out a laughable "NOOOOOOOO!!!!" in a only slightly less annoying tone than his son will 2 movies later. (Man the Skywalkers are whiny bitches!!) But then I could pick nits all night and nobody wants that.

Generally I'd say is that this is the first of the new films to actually FEEL like a Star Wars movie. The cereal pacing was there, the goofy background gag before an act break, it all just kinda clicked.

Overall I'd rate it slightly better than Jedi in terms of overall quality. I'd say what we've got ourselves now is a pretty decent space opera quadrillogy (Eps. III-VI), a cruddy kids movie tie-in (I) and some back-story that's a bit of a cross between bad fan-fic and the "On Hobbits" prologue in Lord of the Rings, kind of interesting, but nothing you couldn't figure out within the context of the story (II).

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

RSS