Andy the Design Nerd

At the risk of becoming defined by my work, I spend quite a bit of my free time examining and thinking about design.

One specific area of design that I've been noticing recently are DVD menus. Like most of these things DVD menus fall into about three categories: Bloody Awful, Adequately Mediocre, and Flat-Out Brilliant on a pretty steady bell-curve percentage (lets say 10% BA - 80% AM - 10% FOB). The reason I bring this up is that I saw a FOB last night:



Lots of movement going on without being obnoxious, navigation CLEAR and WELL-MARKED (a constant plague of the BA's), and quick, interesting transitions between menus (anyone that's dealt with the transitions on the first season of Buffy DVD knows what I'm talking about here). PLUS the pink is HOT!

Other FOB menus I've seen recently: Eurotrip, HellBoy and Kill Bill (NetFlix Rules!).

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

RSS